This is tasty dish that is so easy to make.
Can be made 3 days ahead, keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Can be frozen for 2 months. Gluten free, nut free, dairy free. Serves 4-6
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (can substitute with lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons lime (or lemon) grated rind
- 1 kg chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons water, extra
Let's get cooking
Blend or process onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, lime (or lemon) juice and curry powder until smooth.
Heat coconut oil in large cooking pan, add blended mixture, cinnamon stick and rind and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes to ensuring fragrance is released.
Add chicken pieces to the pan, cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, turning once. Stir in coconut cream and water, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover, simmer for about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender, stirring often.
Remove chicken from pan, keep warm. Blend cornflour with extra water, stir into remaining sauce. Stir over high heat for about 4 minutes until mixture boils and thicken. Remove cinnamon stick.
Serve sauce over chicken. Serve with rice or rocket.